Friday, June 3, 2016

The Moon-Shine


We were different , we were young.

She came across from nowhere
Through a message that was erred
Like a shot of lightening , brightening my whole world.

The dash of excitement
That adventure that everyday became
My world was new, it would never be the same.

She could put me in splits in a moment
And make me cry the next
I lost to her my everything, even I was perplexed!

Everyday has been a gift since
She has been so benign
Want to keep her twinkling , want to make her mine.

Her heart is difficult to grasp
Her thoughts impossible to attend
For women are like magic tricks; which, to admire,we should not understand.

And here I am waiting
And losing all hope
Have tried too hard everything; Her answer always being "Nope"

They say never give up trying
For persistent men have always won
And winning isn't everything, even trying has its fun!

And so I keep treading
Into the paths unknown
Her eyes my inspiration, winning her heart my throne.

                                                                          ***


His love was pure & time so wrong.
My soul always belonged to him, didn't he know?

Years went by & we walked our own ways
Only to cross the paths again to give all of me
I gave him the chance; He failed and scarred me for life.

For life is funny and strange are its ways
I will wait for him if not this lifetime but next .

                                                                      ***

1 comment:

  1. Good choice of words! You have always been good with words! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Stuck in Life

 How many times have you felt 'STUCK’, not in the traffic jam or check-in queue kinds, the one with more impact, STUCK IN LIFE?  For man...