Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rainbow Home - Where they made Us feel Loved

Geeta Ji With kids

After the cycling trip I did a month ago this last weekend was the next one that would remain fresh in memory forever. As 3 great souls Rohit, Eshwari and Anamika decided to do a Mango tasting festival at Rainbow Home which as name suggest a  Home to 50+ beautiful kids.The invite popped on FB and I knew I have to be there.
Sunday came in no time and  we all were there at The rainbow home, I didn't know what to expect  but what I knew was I am gonna have a tough time talking to those kids ( my Kannada
 hasn't improved a bit and they also speak Tamil/Telugu). So I was welcomed by 50 cheering kids screaming Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Akka , except the iiiii was more stressed then this.
The atmosphere was lit up  with Geeta Ji in her most active mode doing activities with the girls.
Now let me give you give you a brief introduction about GEETA SHANKAR , when she is in the room there is this energy you cant ignore, she has that charisma , she would just connect to you and make you smile no matter how uninteresting person you are. She is one inspiration for all of us.

The Entire Happy group


So as she used her long acquired skills and kept those girls busy , around 12-13 volunteers got to work , few started to wash the mangoes by dipping them in bucket full of  water and splashing it on the fellow volunteers ( count me the only one doing that) , few were busy chattering with the girls and trying to keep pace with them , few clicking all of us so that all the moments are captured for us to remember.

And now was the time to finally eat mangoes, we would ask  their name in kannada " Neenu haseru yenu" and  tell ours and then give the mango ,few of us cut the rest and the girls served us with a gleaming smile. We celebrated one of the volunteers birthday and what a scene it was.
Once all the eating was done it was time to dance at few nos , quite a few loved it and actually showed me steps which I couldn't do , they were good, the little ones were shy and had to hold their hands and make them move a step or two, they giggled ,chattered among themselves and shied away.
There was quite a lot of dancing which was followed by girls singing few kannada songs ( don't ask me which ones), Mr Pankaj played few soulful songs on the flute and lots of photo clicking sessions. The kids weren't tired yet and nor were we ,then we played a game in which the girls made a circle and all the volunteers were inside and they have to hit us with a ball , whosoever gets hit is out , didn't understand?? let it be. The point is I was the winner!( Irrelevant I know)
After this it was tug of war  which was a flop show as most of us ended up laughing our hearts out instead of helping the respective teams.





With Geeta JI and the Angel
This sums up what we did but I haven't yet explained what we felt. I have probably never ever felt this loved , not even by my own family , the girls would just come and sit next to me and hold my hand, few would just hug me and then there was this  youngest sweetheart who was actually in my arms for an hour or so. I just didn't feel like letting her go ,her embrace put me to ease.
They were trying to explain me something, few chattered in Tamil and tried hard to make me understand , few in Telugu and I tried my best but they were still not disappointed , maybe they felt it doesn't matter if I didn't understand but what matters is I listened to them. All the volunteers felt the same , the girls were so warm, none of us felt that we were meeting them for the first time, they would ask when we''ll come next and I wanted to say wish I have the option not to leave.

It was overwhelming, we were loved thoroughly. We never take out time and do something as small as this, few of us don't know such thing exists, few of us don't have time and many other reasons but what we don't realize is if we go and meet them, talk to them we are not doing them a favor, they are , by making us feel loved and blessed , they ll embrace you in a way no one has ever  and its Unconditional.

Do it sometime. You will realize what you are missing on in life.
Anamika with the girls

P. S -Join this group if you are interested in being part of all the love https://www.facebook.com/groups/khushiyann/?fref=ts



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. that was quick. Thanks Prarthana, you are a big motivation and inspiration :)

      Delete
  2. Superb work !!! Keep it going !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Rush...it seems d kid in ur arms touched the beat of ur heart with bubbling innocence unique to children....well , thats what kids do to people with their uncontaminated mind and altruistic innocent souls....the prize in service is love itself...pristine love in its absolute purity...its time world of adults learn "love,peace and joy" from these teddy kids rather than teaching them in return....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Praveen, Kids have that kind of a charm and innocence that you cant remain untouched if you are with them.
      and Thanks for actually reading each and every post:)

      Delete
  4. Nice articl... Hope people come forward in helping the needy. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sri, people need to become more aware.

      Delete
  5. very nice blog Rashmi .. I think other then volunteering pics, these type of blogs give more insight about the experience , volunteering to the people who couldn't join. Keep Blogging !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rohit, yes that's the intention ,letting people know about the experience so that they come forward and start experiencing for themselves!!

      Delete
  6. i could live your experience through whatever you wrote! Proud of you gal...Keep Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I achieved what i wanted to. Come forward and start volunteering, you will start feeling the difference:) Much love

      Delete

Stuck in Life

 How many times have you felt 'STUCK’, not in the traffic jam or check-in queue kinds, the one with more impact, STUCK IN LIFE?  For man...